Search This Blog

10 March 2010

Waste of time...

So I went down to the VA Medical Center for a disability evaluation this morning - here's the background:

1. I have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), which is clearly annotated in my VAMC medical records, on file with the VA, numerous times.

2. This disability has been related to service in the Gulf after 1991 by the VA, thus any veteran with such service who has the disorder is eligible for "presumptive" service connection. Legally this means no questions asked - if you were deployed to Southwest Asia after 1991, and have a current diagnosis of IBS, you get compensated.

3. My evaluation this morning was to see if IBS was related to my service in the Gulf during 2001/2002.

I mean seriously? How difficult is this one?? I am just beyond words. The exam consisted of some nurse practitioner reviewing my electronic medical record and transposing the information onto his own report. He summarized for me and asked if that sounded "about right." I'm sorry, why did I need to be dragged away from work for this? I am really peeved. I hate that the system is so dysfunctional sometimes. This is NOT a complex regulation to figure out!

No comments:

Post a Comment